Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:33:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Robinson, Paul <
Paul_Robinson at playstation.sony.com> wrote:

>  | I think most people would agree that msvc compatible triple should be
> the default for windows version of clang.
>

> …except for those of us who ship a windows-hosted cross compiler (and
> don't want to give it a triple-prefixed name).
>
> --paulr

I understand your point but it's very strange if this logic is baked into
the binary at compile time. If someone downloads the binary we provide on
the website they'll have to know that it defaults to MinGW as it was built
with MinGW (I think). In that case we'll probably need to provide an
additional binary that targets msvc. Anyway, let's not steal the thread,
there'll be plenty of time to discuss this...