[cfe-dev] Custom C++11 attributes in plugins/tools

Kenneth Camann kjcamann.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:42:33 PDT 2014

Over the years I've seen several posts saying "we need to allow
plugins/tools to be able to add custom C++11 attributes to the AST without
needing to modify the in-tree Attr.td"

IIRC, someone even had patches for this years ago, but I don't think they
were ever merged. At least one other person (I think Sean Hunt?) was going
to do the necessary work years ago. As far as I can tell, there is still no
machinery for doing it. Is that still accurate? I am writing a few plugins
now and would really like this.