[cfe-dev] Address sanitizer regression test failures for PPC64 targets

Samuel F Antao sfantao at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 4 17:39:40 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have been experiencing the failure of the address sanitizer regression
tests for a PPC64 target (Power7 machine). My understanding is that most of
the failures are related with the fact the stack is not being dumped.

I tried to understand what might be wrong and started by looking into the
null_deref.cc test as it hangs during the test run.  I observe that after
the detection of the faulty memory access it receives a SEGV after entering
ReportSIGSEGV() more precisely when it gets to the __intercept_strlen() and
tries to access  flags()->replace_str. The caller of __intercept_strlen()
is get_cie_encoding() from libgcc (version 4.8.2 in my system).

As I am not familiar with the sanitizer implementation, I was wondering if
this is an expected failure for PPC targets due to some incomplete
implementation, an unexpected bug, or due to some misconfiguration in the
Clang/LLVM build for PPC targets.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!
Samuel