[cfe-dev] Target specific info available to Clang (and others)

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Oct 24 05:33:32 PDT 2014

On 24 October 2014 13:13, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> lib/Target/ARM: only built if the ARM target is enabled.
> lib/TargetInfo/ARM: always build. Include only info that clang wants
> to use: parse fpu name, construct the datalayout.

Yes! That's the final plan!

So, TableGen would generate two sets of files, one public and another
private. The former only containing high-level target descriptions,
cpu names, feature combinations, etc and the latter containing
everything else, from instructions to pipeline descriptions.

The public stuff should be available somewhere other projects can
access without having access to the other local files by accident.
Projects should not include them directly, but they'll include files
that include them, so the directory should be in the projects' paths,
too. We also may need to get these new classes into a library on its
own, no?

cheers,
--renato