[cfe-dev] libcxxrt+libc++ build regression

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sat Oct 18 04:39:38 PDT 2014

I looked a bit closer and here's my best guess what's happening in my case.

We build both libcxxrt and libc++ at the same time. One is a dependency to
the other, but there's a parent cmake project handling this. The libc++
cmake generated at the same time as libcxxrt and thus why find_library
can't find the "soon-to-be-built" libcxxrt. Previously we let the compiler
handle the -L and friends for libcxxrt since it's special and needs to be
relocatable. Personally, I don't think this is an unreasonable build
scenario and I hope there's an easy way to support it. (Either by disabling
find_library under some conditional or something else)

It should be easy to do this, but I can send a patch if it's more convenient

Thanks