[cfe-dev] How ubsan inserts checking code to detect undefined behaviors?

Dingbao Xie xiedingbao at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:44:00 PDT 2014

Dear list,
I know that unsan can detect certain number of undefined behaviors at
runtime.
When compiling the program with option -fsanitize=undefined, some checking
code
will be inserted into the necessary position. I looked at the source code
of ubsan,
but failed to find the code that performs the instrumentation.
I'm trying to understand how ubsan works by looking at its source code.
Does anybody know where is the corresponding source code located?
Thanks in advance.

--
Dingbao Xie