[cfe-dev] clang-format, Doxygen comments

Daniel Jasper djasper at google.com
Thu Oct 9 23:39:20 PDT 2014

There are two fundamental things to do here:
- Properly format doxygen comments (ideally understanding things like the
"<".
- Re-flowing of comments (doxygen or not)

Both have been on our list for quite some time, but we never really got
around to it.

Alex, how hard would it be to add basic re-flowing?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Karl Napf <karl.b.napf at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I would like to reformat an existing code base using clang-format
> (according to the Google guidelines). As shown below, the line breaking of
> some Doxygen comments is not yet optimal using version 3.5. Any hints on
> how to avoid this? Is there special support for Doxygen comments in
> clang-format? Thank you very much in advance for your help! Regards
>

> Before:
>
> void fun(
>   RAI last,
>   /**< [IN] Random access iterator [...] of the
>             input range */
>
> After:
>
> void fun(
>     RAI last,
>     /**< [IN] Random access iterator [...] of
>        the
>               input range */
>
> Ideally:
>
> void fun(
>     RAI last,
>     /**< [IN] Random access iterator [...] of
>        the input range */

Why not:

?