[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] New type of smart pointer for LLVM

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:01:45 PDT 2014

& repeating for the benefit of cfe-dev, here's the list of known cases of
conditional ownership (I'm sure there are others that don't fit the exact
naming convention I grep'd for):

In Clang, simply grepping for "Owns" comes up with the following boolean
members:

CodeGenAction::OwnsVMContext
ASTReader::OwnsDeserializationListener
Diagnostic::OwnsDiagClient
Preprocessor::OwnsHeaderSearch
TokenLexer::OwnsTokens
Action::OwnsInputs (this ones trickier - it's a boolean that indicates
whether all the elements of a vector<T*> are owned or unowned)
ASTUnit::OwnsRemappedFileBuffers
VerifyDiagnosticConsumer::OwnsPrimaryClient
TextDiagnosticPrinter::OwnsOutputStream
FixItRewriter::OwnsClient
Tooling::OwnsAction

Some in LLVM:

circular_raw_ostream::OwnsStream
Arg::OwnsValues (another tricky one with a bool flag and a vector of raw
pointers, if I recall correctly)

And a couple that I changed {T*, bool} to {T*, unique_ptr<T>}:

LogDiagnosticPrinter::StreamOwner
ASTUnit::ComputedPreamble::Owner