[cfe-dev] Dataflow Sanitizer Design Question

Frederico Araujo araujof at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:41:14 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I'm aware of the following design document for clang's/llvm's dataflow
sanitizer:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/DataFlowSanitizerDesign.html

However, is there a more complete/detailed/formal documentation of its
design and semantics available somewhere else (e.g., papers, discussion
forums) that I could refer to and possibly cite?

I often find myself looking at its source code spread across LLVM (for
instrumentation) and compiler-rt to understand its behavior in certain
situations. In particular, I didn't find any documentation online for the
instrumentation passes performed by dfsan.

Thank you!
Fred