[cfe-dev] Effectively Debugging Clang

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:17:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

What compiler do you use to build clang? Older versions of GDB (7.2,
7.4) had problems understanding objects (or the debug info) created by
GCC 4.8 and higher (typical symptom: none of the local variables were
visible to the debugger).

GDB 7.7 (on Linux) seems to be better, but I switched to the latest
gdb 7.8 anyway, built from sources.

Csaba