[cfe-dev] Question about consistency of mangled link names

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Sat Nov 29 08:08:38 PST 2014

I am working on a project that entails writing calls in Modula3 code to C
and C++ code in the llvm infrastructure.  For C, things are fine.  For C++,
they are working, but I am having to put the mangled linker name in my binding.

My questions are

1) Does the mangled linker name of a C++ nonmember function depend only on the
    function signature?

2) Do gcc and clang both mangle the same?

If not, then I will probably need to do more work to produce C bindings
similar to those in llvm-c/Core.h

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org