[cfe-dev] Linking 'clang' with static GCC libraries

Martin J. O'Riordan Martin.ORiordan at Movidius.com
Mon Nov 17 03:17:35 PST 2014

I can build and use 'clang' on Linux 64-bit using standard
settings and GCC v4.8.2, but I cannot run the resulting
'clang' executable on some machines because the version of
GCC on the system is too old, and 'clang' cannot find the
required version GCC shared libraries such as 'glibcxx/
libstdc++'.  Unfortunately, for various reasons, it is not
possible to upgrade the version of GCC that is deployed on
these machines.

So I was trying to figure out how I can link 'clang' with
the regular static GCC libraries, but I haven't been able
to find a configuration option for doing this in either
'CMake' or with 'configure'.

Is there a way of building 'clang' that will use the
static versions of the GCC libraries?

Thanks,

    Martin O'Riordan (Movidius Ltd.)