[cfe-dev] moving the clang-omp merge along

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed May 28 17:42:10 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Jack Howarth <
howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrey Bokhanko expressed interest in getting the clang-omp merge done in
> time for the 3.5 release but wants guidance on the process.

I think a bunch of the confusion comes from phrasing this as a merge. It
isn't.

Andrey and others are working hard to contribute the functionality to
Clang, but the github project you're referencing is not a branch of Clang,
and the code there which isn't also in Clang's trunk hasn't been
contributed to Clang and isn't even covered by the LLVM project... This
means that it hasn't been code reviewed, etc.

The Intel folks are contributing small incremental patches to Clang and
they are being reviewed in the normal process. This is IMO the best way to
add new features to Clang and has been standard practice for some time. I
don't think there is some other process which should be followed instead
because the release date is getting close, and I also don't think there is
any other process that we *could* follow given that the branch isn't part
of the Clang project... If the contributions arrive, get reviewed, and are
committed in time for the release, awesome. If not, there will be another
release after that. =]