[cfe-dev] Problem compiling with -fsanitize=dataflow

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Tue May 27 00:57:28 PDT 2014

Hi Frederico,

Unfortunately, you did not provide enough information to allow
diagnosing your problem.
You did not show us the commands you ran; you did not show us the
error messages.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Frederico Araujo  wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Have anybody compile a project using GNU configure with clang as compiler
> and with the dataflow sanitizer option enabled? I tried compiling several
> open source projects (e.g., Apache Httpd, Apache APR, Nginx) with dfsan and
> all fail on the configure step when performing the usual checks for system
> types, functions, etc.

What was the error message? Did you check config.log?

> Interestingly, compiling with other sanitizers such as "memory" or "address"
> work fine. These are the variables I set for compilation:
>
> CC=<path-to-my-clang installation, compiled with cmake>
> CFLAGS="-fsanitize=dataflow"

Did you run "make install" and use /usr/local/bin/clang, or did you
just point CC at 'Release+Asserts/bin/clang' ?

> Notes: when using dfsan, I have to specify -S for the configure script to

How did you specify -S to the configure script? It does not have such an option:

$ ./configure -S
configure: error: unrecognized option: `-S'
Try `./configure --help' for more information

> pass the C compiler check, otherwise the compiler check fails. With -S flag
> specified, the GNU configure script fails on the sanity checks for system

Did you mean 'with' or 'without' ?

> functions and types. With the other sanitizers I don't need this and
> everything works fine. I also tried setting the configure script LDLIBS with
> the dfsan libraries, again without success.

Csaba