[cfe-dev] Wildcard expansion doesn't work on windows shell

Ian Bell ian.h.bell at gmail.com
Tue May 6 10:27:56 PDT 2014

I love what you guys are doing with clang - looking forward to being able
to use the same compiler on windows and linux easily!  The ultimate would
be if you could use clang to compile extensions for windows, linux, and osx
using the same compiler.  That's my primary use case.

One thing on windows that is REALLY annoying is that we can't do something
like

clang++ -shared -o CoolProp.dll *.o

since wildcard expansion doesn't work.  FYI, my clang:

C:\Users\Belli>clang++ --version
clang version 3.4 (198054)
Target: i686-pc-mingw32
Thread model: posix

If you could fix this, it would be so nice, and we wouldn't have to write
code like

set objs=
for %%f in (*.o) do (
    set objs=%objs% %%f