[cfe-dev] clang-format for visual studio 2012

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Wed Mar 26 16:07:14 PDT 2014

(Sending from the correct email address this time..)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Qianyou Pan <qianyou.pan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello cfe-dev,
>>
>> I am trying clang-format visual studio plugin. Inside visual studio 2012,
>> formatter works great with its default options (seems to be LLVM style).
>> However, when changing the style to file _clang-format or .clang-format, it
>> seems not using the supplied style. What might be wrong here?  I tried to
>> put this file in a few places but with no luck. Also within the command
>> line, it also works as expected. Any suggestions?
>

> I think Hans is using it with a special config, and has some tips...

I haven't used it with a special config from inside Visual Studio.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I can imagine the plugin
doesn't look in the right dir for the file.

Qianyou: can you file a bug for this at http://llvm.org/bugs ?

Thanks,
Hans