[cfe-dev] [patch] [libc++] missing difference_type in advance implementation

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 08:45:34 PDT 2014

On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Gonzalo BG <gonzalobg88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> Do you have a test case that failed before?
>
> I have an iterator with a difference_type that is only explicitly convertible from int (not implicitly) and thus fails. Its implementation depends on Boost.Iterator (and everything that Boost.Iterator depends on) so I don't think it would be suitable for a test-case.

I’d really, really like to see a failing test case that I can include in the libc++ test suite.
Otherwise, someone might break it again in the future.

— Marshall

P.S.		For future reference (no need to do it in this case), patches should go to the cfe-commits mailing list.
P.P.S.	I’ll take a look at adding info to the libc++ web page.