[cfe-dev] Build Clang with CMake and Intel Compiler

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Wed Mar 19 07:52:34 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Marvin Damschen
<marvin.damschen at gullz.de>wrote:

> > This error reports comes from building tsan (ThreadSanitizer) run-time.
> > First: do you need it?
>
> I do not need it, but I am not too familiar with the clang build
> process. How do I disable it? Would commenting out the
> 'add_compiler_rt_static_runtime' and 'add_compiler_rt_static_runtime' in
> the CMakeLists be sufficient?

Do you need compiler-rt at all? If no, just don't check it out.

> > Second: try to hack compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_asm.h
> > to disable CFI directives.
>
> Apparently, sanitizer_asm.h was added in trunk after 3.4 to solve
> exactly the problem I am having right now. However, I am bound to 3.4
> because I want to use Intel's OpenMP extensions eventually. I think
> disabling the problematic sanitizers is the way to go for me now.

Ah, so trunk does not trouble you.
Then just comment out the cfi directives in your variant of 3.4 whenever
you find them (couple of places in compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common and
compiler-rt/lib/tsan)