[cfe-dev] [GSoC 2014] Project RFC

Romanov Arya romanov.arya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:47:30 PDT 2014

Hi Gavin,

Good to see that you are interested in language design. You mention:

>1.  A mentoring period for a new contributor.
>2.  A new frontend, with all of the implied benefits.
>3.  New capabilities in LLVM, if LFyre requires them.

I do not see the benefits you are talking about. LLVM is a huge
project with lots of contributors, not that new ones are not welcome.
But, I would not showcase it as a highlight.

What is the biggest idea in your front-end? What is the main selling
point? Please be qualitative here.

What new capabilities do you have in mind and which are currently
missing from LLVM?

Thanks,
Arya