[cfe-dev] Cygwin bootstrap is incompatible with <mutex> (and most other threading C++11 libraries)

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 07:01:00 PDT 2014

I reverted <mutex>, since also clang-native-mingw32-win7 had been broken.
There were two ways of issues, in mingw32 (not w64) and cygwin.

For mingw32, it seems <mutex> is configured without __thread. Some
features, like "once", are unavailable.
When we reintroduce <mutex> in the tree, we should make mingw32
builder obsoleted or migrated to mingw-w64.

For Cygwin, I can suggest an option,

3a) Implement __thread in near future. Till then,

  3a-1) Give up bootstrapping. Cygwin-g++-4.8 can build the tree, though.
  3a-2) Apply local patch in the builder to suppress unsupported
features like <mutex>.

Conclusion: Go ahead!
I supposed, when I reverted <mutex>, it were trivial. I won't disturb
any more if we are going toward c++11.