[cfe-dev] RFC: Incompatible, but similar pragma handling

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon Jun 23 13:12:56 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:50 AM, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>
wrote:

> I can give more precise details if necessary, but it's more a general
> question to start.
>
> Any recommendations on how to best handle two similar, but incompatible
> sets of pragma?

Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions.  Clang has basically no
reusable pragma parsing infrastructure.  Nothing is consistent, because
we're parsing all pragmas that have ever seen any significant use.  Aaron
has done a really good job cleaning up attributes, and I'd love to see the
same happen to pragmas.  I tried once and it didn't go well.  :)