[cfe-dev] C++ name mangling and vendor specific types

Matthew O'Connor thegreendragon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:04:34 PDT 2014

I'm reading http://mentorembedded.github.io/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling on
how to mangle C++ names. I believe that's the base for Gnu/Linux and thus
how Clang handles it?

It describes vendor specific types being encoded with a starting v, a
digit, and a type. It appears that vector types are being encoded by
clang++ with this scheme or something similar, like v2_i. I have a
situation where I'm defining my own vector types and care about how the
names are being mangled. Is there any official documentation on how these
names are generated? Or is the working specification in libcxxabi's
cxa_demangle?

Thanks,
Matthew