[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [ADVERTISEMENT] open positions in Apple's Swift compiler team

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Wed Jun 11 08:49:41 PDT 2014

On 06/11/2014 08:20 AM, "C. Bergström" wrote:
> On 06/11/14 10:11 PM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM, "C. Bergström"
>> <cbergstrom at pathscale.com <mailto:cbergstrom at pathscale.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     In the past myself and others have posted clang related jobs which
>>     aren't open source. I don't think that should be a strict
>>     requirement and sorry for the noise my question brought up.
>>

>> Again, a Clang related job would be fine. This is a Swift related
>> job, and Swift isn't yet part of LLVM (and it isn't even clear
>> whether it will be).
> You're splitting hairs - It's clear to me in reading what has been
> posting publicly that Swift is using the LLVM/Clang infrastructure. I
> can find a link if it really makes a difference.
To be fair, it's an important hair to split.  :)

Personally I find the job postings relevant and useful, but I would
second Chandler's point that they need to be clearly related to jobs
using LLVM technologies.  Closed source positions are fine.  Closed
source positions that don't want to acknowledge LLVM usage are not.
General compiler/runtime jobs should not be posted here.  The burden of
showing a posting is related lies on the author, not on every member of
the list to be aware of related content.

Having said all that, I had no concerns about the original posting.

Philip