[cfe-dev] ASTMatcher for assert()

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jun 10 10:26:48 PDT 2014

In article <CAOsfVv=aBdSiMydayJkqiUEuRDzsZXUG0ArWyNHPHoDraUdZaA at mail.gmail.com>,
    Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking of contributing a matcher that allows you to match nodes
> > based on the associated source file so that you can easily discard
> > matches outside the directory hierarchy(ies) of interest. [...]
>
> I think it's a good idea, but will not solve the general problem of
> surprise when encountering source locations.

I take it you are referring to the discussion on this thread of:

- do I refactor the location where a macro is invoked?
- do I refactor the location where a macro is defined?

Are there any other surprises relating to source location other than
those relating to the site of a macro invocation vs. the site of a
macro definition?