[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Jun 5 15:17:31 PDT 2014

In article <CAB8jPhe6V8rcsDeMXt0Eu_-rnnCg_-tC4BjzrRTnAAwKJw3osw at mail.gmail.com>,
    Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> writes:

> I think NSIS keeps track of the individually installed files too, so
> using the same dir could work, but I think it would be hard to avoid
> having the packages trip over each other. If we have two different
> packages, it seems completely natural to have two different default
> install dirs.

I think this is entirely reasonable.  Generally the "product" package
is one you're going to put in your $PATH and the SDK package is one
you're going to put in your include/link search paths.  You may also
put the SDK package in your path to get tools like FileCheck and other
such things that are useful to a developer but not very useful to the
average user.

I'm on the fence about which package should contain a tool like
clang-query.