[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Tue Jun 3 16:04:49 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming this is because the Clang/LLVM libraries are already
> built with the MinGW triple and my tool doesn't explicitly override
> the default triple.

Hans built it with MSVC, but he set -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TRIPLE=i686-pc-mingw32
so that the gcc-compatible frontend for clang would emit Mingw ABI object
files.  At the time that this flag was added, the MSVC ABI support was
weaker.  Today, I'm more confident in it, so I think we'll revisit this
decision for future builds.  If you do a normal CMake build of clang, the
default ABI will match the toolchain you use to build Clang.