[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jun 3 14:13:13 PDT 2014

In article <CAAt6xTtpUJdD747X2A80oqcqvu1cW0i-R3NXSQ_B-7jgkq7p6Q at mail.gmail.com>,
    Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
> > Yes, we do this to avoid shipping the redistributable with the
> > toolchain. Can you set USE_CRT_RELEASE =MT in your standalone build?
> > That's what I use to build with /MT.
>
> Doesn't this then requires consumers to also build with /MT when they
> want to use clang as a library?

Yes, it does.  It's worse than just a choice between static and
dynamic, however.  You also don't want to mix release and debug runtimes.
So that brings us to 4 combinations.

I tried to figure out how to get CMake to build multiple
configurations and package them in a single package, but haven't had
much luck yet as I'm still a CMake n00b.