[cfe-dev] Status of the libc++ debug mode

Christopher Jefferson chris at bubblescope.net
Tue Jun 3 11:46:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

Using the clang in xcode 5.1.1, I tried the following code:

#include <algorithm>
#include <vector>

void do_copy(std::vector<int>::iterator i)
{ std::copy(i,i,i); }

With libc++'s debug mode (-D_LIBCPP_DEBUG). The result was a fairly
huge compile-time error.

This seems like a very simple test case to be broken, which suggests
to me that possibly I am using the test wrongly, or the debug mode is
non-functional.

What is the current status, and is the debug mode in use by anyone,
and maintained? I am happy to look at fixing this bug, but first I
wanted to check what the current status was.

Chris