[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] GCC and LLVM collaboration: Cauldron's feedback

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Jul 28 08:57:51 PDT 2014

On 28 July 2014 16:41, Joshua Cranmer 🐧 <Pidgeot18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand this viewpoint, but I wonder what their attitude would be
> towards adding warnings for features-we'd-remove-were-it-not-for-legacy.
> (Hmm, that's a nice suggestion for a very long -W flag name to convince
> people to drop them rather than adding -Wno-... to their C{XX}FLAGS.)

Well, to be honest, GCC has been very good at adding new warnings to
the recent releases, and I think we should be fine with just the
warnings, even if independently added.

Deprecating them is a different matter, but still, developers are
getting more and more intolerant to warnings, or even using -Werror,
on many projects.

I'm not worried about that...

cheers,
--renato