[cfe-dev] Clang-cl.exe and the VC++ preprocessor

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Fri Jul 11 11:16:48 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Daniel James <daniel at calamity.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 11 July 2014 18:12, Richard Smith <richard at metafoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure what that list of compilers is for (if _MSC_VER is defined,
> why
> > don't you assume the compiler acts like MSC?), but removing "|| defined
> > __clang__" from the list should fix the issue.
>
> Then it would stop working with older version of clang.

I maintain there is no old version of Clang that defines _MSC_VER that is
worth supporting with ifdefs in Boost.  We haven't done a release with
stable MSVC ABI support yet.

Also, nobody has pinpointed if and when our preprocessor behavior changed.
 It's possible that it happened over a year ago, before 3.4.