[cfe-dev] Potentially expensive analysis for missing `[]` in delete expression

Rafael Auler rafaelauler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:17:10 PDT 2014

This is an interesting analysis that would really help a lot of people.
However, if the analysis intend to be truly accurate, I think it should be
implemented in the static analyzer.

For example:

if (cond)
  a = new int[5];
else
  a = (int*) malloc(sizeof(int)*5);

would easily trick a CFG-based analysis because it can't know at
compile-time whether cond is true or false.

Nevertheless, I still believe that a front-end analysis can help in simpler
cases, but we can't expect to be 100% accurate.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Ismail Pazarbasi <ismail.pazarbasi at gmail.com