[cfe-dev] Proposal for an ABI testsuite for clang

Srivastava, Sunil sunil_srivastava at playstation.sony.com
Wed Jul 2 15:51:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

At the SN Systems division of Sony, we have developed an IA64 ABI test-suite for clang/llvm based on the lit framework.  We would like to submit this to the LLVM community. The test-suite currently supports clang in both LP64/x86-64 and ILP32/x86 targets, with the ability of adding others. The tests perform target-side execution and work with both cross and native targets.

Please find attached a pdf document that describes the design of this test-suite.  In summary, the test-suite covers:
*         struct layout rules, including bit-fields,
*         Object layout, base classes, vtables, VTTs, construction vtables,
*         Name mangling,
*         Contents of typeinfo variables,
*         Array cookies,
*         and a few other items.

Please consider accepting this test-suite as an llvm project. We look forward to addressing any comments and questions you have on this topic.

Best regards,

Sunil Srivastava
SN Systems / Sony Computer Entertainment