[cfe-dev] Return Type Location

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Tue Jul 1 19:00:27 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

That's a good feature request. The facility was previously tucked away
deep in Sema but we usually make an effort to expose the most useful
source ranges in the primary interface.

So I've introduced FunctionDecl::getReturnTypeSourceRange() in r212154
and used it to enhance various diagnostics. Hope it helps with your use
case too.

Alp.

On 01/07/2014 23:11, Daniel Dilts wrote:
> How do I get a SourceLocation for a FunctionDecl return type?
> FunctionDecl::getReturnType() returns QualType, and I don't think that
> I can get source locations from there.

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts