[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Sanitizers libs in Compiler-RT

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Jan 31 00:29:35 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:23 AM, David Chisnall <
David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> > - There is the core runtime library. Historically this was called
> 'compiler-rt' informally, but perhaps better called 'libclang_rt', which
> provides the core necessary runtime library facilities to compile C or C++
> applications. It's analogous to libgcc but without some of the unwinding
> code (as I understand it, there may be details I'm wrong about here or
> glossing over, but it's not relevant to the organization of things).
>
> For some reason, the (generic, language-agnostic) unwind code is in
> libcxxabi.  There was some discussion about moving it into the compiler-rt
> repository, where it would make sense.  No one objected, but I'd rather not
> move it without a 'yes' from someone who is actually working on the code
> currently (I'd like to start factoring out the #ifdefs into a cleaner
> platform / architecture layer).

Maybe shoot a fresh email and directly CC various folks like howard, doug,
and nick? Seems reasonable to me.

I thought some of it still need libunwind (whichever of the various
versions you like)? It would be good to get a nice, clean implementation of
that functionality (whether based on one with an MIT license if there is
such or not) if we don't already have it.