[cfe-dev] Status of SEH?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Jan 30 14:34:54 PST 2014

On 30/01/2014 22:06, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Actually, the policy actually says the right thing, you removed  a
> sentence, which says:
> "Please contact the oversight group for more details."

To be clear, I didn't remove this sentence -- it's some way down in the
paragraph and pertains to receiving details from the oversight group,
whereas the section about providing notification pertains to "us", the
LLVM community.

This is grammatically clear and unambiguous so if it's not the
intention, that needs to be reworded.

> This because patents are not to be discussed in "a visible forum for
> contributors".
> So let's be 100% clear:
>
> Do not discuss patents or infringement on this list, or any other llvm
> mailing list.
> If you have concerns around patents, contact the oversight group.

Thanks, please nominate my organisation to the oversight group. We've
been advised that we need to stay informed both as a major upstream
contributor and as a downstream distributor.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts