[cfe-dev] Status of SEH?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Jan 30 13:57:07 PST 2014

On 30/01/2014 21:40, C. Bergström wrote:
> Bringing it up in the appropriate media and forum is the key here.
> Chandler is correct we don't want any legal discussions here. It will
> at best only bring out trolls and armchair lawyers?. Maybe the policy
> could be revised to have legal inquiries directed somewhere

Yeah. Until we have an opt-in forum for such topics, the mailing list
remains the only visible forum for contributors. This isn't great, but
it's a reality and puts everyone in an uncomfortable situation.

If we don't want to receive such notifications, the only way to achieve
that is a change to the policy to invert the meaning:

    "we expect contributors *[not]* to notify us of any potential for
    patent-related trouble with their changes (including from third
    parties)"

Chandler, is that more in line with that you had in mind?

I don't mind what wording is used in the developer policy as long as
it's consistent with the way we treat newcomers to the project.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts