[cfe-dev] API for auto type deduction in libclang

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jan 29 04:01:37 PST 2014

On 2014-01-29 11:30, Kevin Funk wrote:

> It would be nice if someone with a deeper understanding of libclang internals
> could have a look at our small tool at [1] and check if we're doing something
> wrong. Or if that just *can't* work with the current API at hand.
>
> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

It works correctly for me using libclang 3.3 on OS X. It prints "int" as
the type, not "auto". Here's also the same code that uses
"clang_getCanonicalType" and a switch statement on "type.kind" as I
tried to explain:

http://pastebin.com/xMPn7kS6

I would consider my example only a workaround since it seems to work, at
least on libclang 3.3.

--
/Jacob Carlborg