[cfe-dev] [Recap] Where to find mingw compatible dev builds

Carl name.is.carl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 07:09:53 PST 2014

Hello guys,

I want to thank you for your recent decision to support officially
Windows as a platform!

Unfortunately, the 3.4 (and upcoming 3.5) build is a user build (only
the exe and dependencies).

I'm using mingw for all my windows compiling: VS - even free - is too
way much for me.
And I need a dev build, with the llvm libraries (include and a/lib
files) by that, I mean :
      <llvm-c/Core.h>
      <llvm-c/BitReader.h>
      <llvm-c/Target.h>
      <llvm-c/TargetMachine.h>
      <llvm/IRReader/IRReader.h>
      <llvm/IR/LLVMContext.h>
      <llvm/IR/Module.h>
      <llvm/IR/DataLayout.h>
As much as I would like official mingw compatible dev builds,  I
managed to find those.

So instead of plainly asking for those builds (which would be great,
guys), I want to share my findings :
   - 3.4 : no luck
   - 3.3 : provided by drangon[1]. 32bits[2] and 64bits [3]
   - 3.2 : didn't stumble upon.
   - 3.1  by you 32bits (experimental) [4]. Or by drangon again:
32bits [5] and 64bits [6]

[1] : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64-dgn/files/others/
[2] : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64-dgn/files/others/llvm-3.3-w32-bin-i686-20130804.7z/download
[3] : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64-dgn/files/others/llvm-3.3-w64-bin-x86_64-20130804.7z/download
[4] : http://llvm.org/releases/3.1/clang+llvm-3.1-i386-mingw32-EXPERIMENTAL.tar.bz2
[5] : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64-dgn/files/others/llvm-3.1-w32-bin-i686-20120610.7z/download
[6] : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64-dgn/files/others/llvm-3.1-w64-bin-x86_64-20120610.7z/download

Thanks for your awesome work !
Carl.

PS: I can't wait to play with lld.
For us trying to port big linux/gnu apps to windows, ld is currently a
major pain in the ass.
We deal with hundred of unresolved references and the current output
is very hard to read.