[cfe-dev] A question on data flow analysis in clang

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Tue Jan 21 15:40:27 PST 2014

Hi Mahesha,

To answer your question, I need to understand what you mean by "incremental".  That term implies that there can be changes in the analysis results, somehow, when running the analysis multiple times.  If you provided a bit of context, I could more precisely answer your question.

Operationally, analyses are typically implemented using a work list algorithm, which computes data flow values until a fix point is reached.  This is a kind of incremental analysis, but I'm not certain if this is what you meant by "incremental."

Ted