[cfe-dev] Build-bot host compiler upgrades and C++11!

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 22:02:14 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings, I'm trying CC-ing all the folks I could think of that are
>>> likely running bots for Clang. If I've missed any, sorry, please add them.
>>>
>>> As you may have heard on various lists, it's time to switch Clang (and
>>> LLVM) to use C++11. The first step is establishing a new baseline of
>>> compiler versions that are supported[1]:
>>>
>>> MSVC 2012
>>> GCC 4.7
>>>

>> Does this mean clang with require libstdc++4.7 too? Or can gcc 4.7 target
>> libstdc++ 4.6 somehow?
>>

> ^ ping

Yes. Part of the reason to pick GCC 4.7 is because its standard C++ library
has a reasonably well tested and correct implementation of a large amount
of the C++11 standard library. The standard library improvements wil lbe
among the most dramatic as those have been widely implemented for longer in
MSVC.