[cfe-dev] Adding a new pragma to Clang

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Jan 8 08:43:28 PST 2014

On 8 January 2014 14:48, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:

> I'll think about this a bit more and see if it's viable. Very smart idea
> from Aaron if we can make it work in some form.

Hi Alp,

Following the discussions in the IRC, I think we might have some entry
point into the vectorizer metadata using C++11 attributes first, than
pragmas later.

Having tried to add a pragma, I know how hard it is, and given the high
levels of community interest, I think starting with the attributes will be
the fastest way to get it working.

Arnold,

Do you think this would be a set-back? Having C++11 handled, we can at
least start creating specialized tests and benchmarks, which is the most
important thing for the vectorizer right now. How the pragmas will behave
is a matter for further discussion, but in the end, both attribute and
pragma should generate the same metadata in IR.

cheers,
--renato