[cfe-dev] cfe-dev Digest, Vol 80, Issue 91

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 04:01:59 PST 2014

Hello,

On 22 Feb 2014, at 11:00, Alangi Derick <alangiderick at gmail.com> wrote:

> [ a load of stuff about gcc which I have not read beyond noticing the copyright notice in the diffs ]

You appear to be under the impression that this is a GCC-related mailing list.  It is not.  This is the mailing list for the Clang [Objective-]C[++] front end for LLVM, as you would know if you had read the digests that you replied to (or the list description when you signed up).

A significant number of people on this list are not allowed to look at GPLv3 code, so it is very impolite for you to post such code to this list.

It is also very poor form to reply to a mailing list digest email, because it breaks threading for everyone else, and it is especially bad to do so when you are actually trying to start a new thread.  A lot of people will simply ignore messages with a digest in the header, because they can not tell from the subject whether it's relevant.  Emails have subjects for a reason.

You can find the mailing lists for GCC on the GCC project page (gcc.gnu.org).  If you have further patches to GCC, then I would encourage you to send them to the correct community.

David