[cfe-dev] Template matching question

Michael Steinberg michael.steinberg at tu-clausthal.de
Thu Feb 20 14:32:10 PST 2014

Hello,
> No. We don't deduce a 'noreturn' attribute from the function
> definition, and I don't think we ever did. If you're seeing one
> somewhere, I expect your code is adding it itself.
Thank you! Would such attributes (implicit or explicit) affect overload
resolution and argument deduction like qualifiers do? Anyways, since
there is absolutely no __attribute__((noreturn)) in all of the library
that is reported broken, this issue must have a reason that I should not
bother you with any further. I just came here because it seemed
"possible" that clang did some automatic code annotations and I wondered
whether that could be the issue.

Michael