[cfe-dev] Adding "simd" pragma to Clang

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Feb 15 10:39:57 PST 2014

On 14 February 2014 16:29, Pekka Jääskeläinen <pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi> wrote:
> As ivdev semantics is so fuzzy, I'd discourage its usage in favor to the
> other
> better specified pragmas, but might provide it just for the legacy
> Intel-optimized codes.

I agree, plus we can detach the ivdep discussion from the main one.
Would be good to implement it as well, as close as possible to ICC's
semantics, but that is orthogonal to the current discussion.

I think pragmas simd, omp and omp simd are worth implementing as
they're well defined in other contexts. Regarding our own new ones,
pragma Clang or pragma optimize could be easily implemented locally
until we find a better way of doing that.

cheers,
--renato