[cfe-dev] RFC: A virtual file system for clang

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 02:36:47 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Rafael Avila de Espindola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, how do you guys plan to expose this via libclang? Have it pass a mapping or actually allow it to provide function pointers?

Current plan is to expose functions to get the VFS description file,
which Clang can parse and build the VFS accordingly.

Nevertheless, I think we can provide both interfaces, if we freeze the
'Status' data structure in libclang, or if we declare that those
functions are exempt from libclang ABI stability.  But in that case
one can probably just use the C++ API directly, so I don't see the
function-based interface as important.

Dmitri