[cfe-dev] Adding a new pragma to Clang

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Feb 5 04:09:21 PST 2014

On 5 February 2014 11:48, Andrey Bokhanko <andreybokhanko at gmail.com> wrote:

> As was already noted, a lot of the things you want to add overlap with
> "omp simd" pragma -- which is a part of OpenMP 4.0 standard and already
> implemented in clang (committed to clang-omp.github.com).

Hi Andrey,

As far as I can get it from here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/node/462948
http://software.intel.com/en-us/node/462942

It does provide some, but not all of the features we need. Or maybe the doc
was too poor to explain the whole thing...

The only one I thought it could be used directly is the safelen(n), but we
still don't have safety metadata for loops in the back-end.

I don't know how we could use those pragmas to control width and unroll
factors, but I'm assuming that the existence of the pragma is the same as
our "vectorize enable", however, there isn't a way to "disable" the
vectorizer on a specific loop where the compiler does a bad job.

Anyway, I don't mind having the support for our metadata on different
pragmas (or C++11 annotations)...

cheers,
--renato