[cfe-dev] Building clang on Windows for MingW with CMake/Ninja

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Mon Feb 3 13:50:34 PST 2014

On 2/2/2014 8:33 PM, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> 2014-02-03 Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>:
>> On 1/30/2014 1:40 PM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it's because clang doesn't know about -mthreads.
>>

>> Does clang/Windows using the MingW/gcc RTL support multithreading ? If so is
>> there a command line option for this ?
>
> IIRC, not yet.

OK, Thanks ! That does not help with Boost testing as quite a few Boost
libraries either need multi-threading or test for multi-threading as
part of their overall tests.

 From my point of view, just testing clang on Windows with Boost,
neither the clang build with MingW/gcc RTL nor the clang-cl with VC++
RTL is really ready yet. For other more simplified uses of clang on
Windows outside of Boost either may be fine.

I realize that clang developers have different priorities so I will
revisit clang on Windows sometime in the future to see if some of the
issues I have encountered have been resolved.

Thanks everybody for your help and good luck !