[cfe-dev] Dealing with clang API changes in a plugin

Ehsan Akhgari ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 08:58:03 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a clang-plugin that overrides the PluginASTAction::CreateASTConsumer
function.  The return type of this function was changed in trunk (r215323)
from ASTConsumer* to std::unique_ptr<ASTConsumer>.  I'd like to keep the
plugin working for both clang 3.5 and older, and trunk and newer, which
means that I somehow need to detect the version of clang from the headers
using a preprocessor macro.

Is there a macro supported for this purpose that I can use?

Thanks!
--
Ehsan