[cfe-dev] Raising LLVM minimum required, 'dumb question'

James Gregurich bayoubengal at mac.com
Tue Aug 26 15:23:22 PDT 2014

hi. thanks for the response.

“we discussed that and it wasn’t the best approach” is good enough for me for now. I don’t have an immediate need, and the folks who looked at it likely know as much or more than I do about the subject. When I have some time to tinker, I’ll try it and see what I get and/or go dig into the archives to see what was said. if the answer to the question is in the archives, then there is no point to rehashing it.  To me, not knowing the history, the two obvious question weren’t being asked…WHAT exactly is “broken" in the headers and CAN it be bypassed with some some preprocessor game-playing?

I wasn’t trying to a jerk. I just did’t like being shut down on what to me is a legitimate issue to hash out.

-James