[cfe-dev] LLD for ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Aug 21 13:31:46 PDT 2014

On 21 August 2014 17:20, Daniel Dilts <diltsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing that LLD has the initial framework for linking AArch64 (ARM
> 64-bit, right?).  Is there a plan or timeframe to support 32-bit ARM?

Hi Daniel,

The quick answer is "sort of".

There is interest in having lld working well on both ARM Linux and
Darwin and some people are already gathering forces to do this, but
the interest is still not *that* great to make people jump on it right
now. Are you volunteering or needing this for any project? We could
certainly do with the help, or at least understand what are your
plans, so that we can align with them.

cheers,
--renato